Basis of Faith
We believe in:-
1. One true GOD in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, creator and sustainer of all life.
2. The deity of Christ, the Son of God, His birth of a virgin, His sinless humanity, His atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, ascension and present intercession for those who believe.
3. The Bible as God’s inspired word, being the final authority in all things, and His revelation of Himself to mankind.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The need for repentance for sin and of a New Birth by the Holy Spirit, the justification of the sinner only by the grace of God through faith in Christ, and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in the life of all those who have faith.
6. The resurrection of all mankind, for judgment by Christ at His future visible return in power and glory, bringing eternal life in all its fullness to those who accept Christ and eternal condemnation to those who reject Him, establishing a new heaven and a new earth.
7. The practice of Baptism by immersion of those who declare themselves to have experienced New Birth (as defined above) and the celebration of the Lord’s Supper in obedience to the commands of Christ.
8. The Church, the Body of Christ both local and universal, the Priesthood of all believers – having been given eternal life by the Holy Spirit and being endowed with gifts from Him both to worship God and to proclaim the Good News of Jesus - being Salt and Light in the World.